Welcome, students, to the School of Event Planning & Management! Class is now in session and we hope you are taking notes! This week we are featuring some AWESOME #EventIcons: Howard Givner (Event Leadership Institute), James Morgan (University of Westminster), Wendy Hultsman (Arizona State University), and Vern Baiett (High Point University). This episode is specifically geared toward students who want to get into the events industry. We’ll be discussing concerns that students have, advice for getting that first industry job, and we’ll also be clearing up some common misconceptions. On the other side of that coin, we’ll also be talking about ways for event industry veterans to stay current on trends, and teaching options for industry leaders. We have something for everyone! As always, don’t forget to check out the tips and Epic Resources that our guests shared with us (below)!
Follow our iconic guests on Twitter:
Epic resources mentioned:
- Event Manager Blog
- Event Industry News
- The Great Discontent – a triannual print publication and online magazine featuring candid interviews with those who create.
- OnBrand Magazine – the branding magazine for marketing communications professionals
- MeetPie – the meetings, conferences, exhibitions & events industries leading portal.
- Event Management Student – events blog for event students
- Shared XP – connect, collaborate, co-create
- Event Leadership Institute – Event Planning Courses & Training
- Super Planner app for iPhone and Android
- GetPocket – When you find something you want to view later, put it in Pocket.
- FieldNotes notebooks
- LinkedIn – World’s Largest Professional Network
Available for iPhone and Android