Three years ago Will Curran wanted to find a way to stand out in a crowded space, doing what he loves best – talking to people. Just as important to Will was thinking about how to develop and deliver meaningful content for event professionals, by event professionals in an engaging format. While #EventIcons has been through iterations of delivery, the premise, the core that we can and should learn from each other has remained!
In this episode of #EventIcons we are celebrating 3 years of the show! Our hosts Will Curran, Brandt Krueger, Tahira Endean and Alex Plaxen are joining us for a year round up. They will share their favorite episodes, what goes on behind the scenes, plus what you can look forward to in future episodes of #EventIcons and so much more!
We want to help keep you up-to-date with the latest and greatest!
Below, in our Epic Resources section, we link the awesome insider favorites that were mentioned in this episode! You WANT to check these out! What has been your favorite episode so far? Comment below and let us know!
You’re watching this recording of our episode here on our blog, but wouldn’t you rather watch live, ask your own questions, and participate in person? Subscribe now to watch live! (We’ll remind you of upcoming episodes.) We would love for you to join us LIVE and bring your questions for our icons. This is all for you! And now for the main topic in the episode below, 3 Years of #EventIcons!
How To Subscribe:
- Click here to watch the show live and get email notifications of new episodes.
- Subscribe via iTunes: Video & Audio or Audio Only
- Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed): Video & Audio or Audio Only
Follow our iconic guests on Twitter:
- Will Curran of Endless Events (@itswillcurran)
- Brandt Krueger of Event Technology Consulting (@BrandtKrueger)
- Alex Plaxen of Little Bird Told Media (@APlaxen)
- Tahira Endean of BCIC (@TahiraCreates)
Check out the epic resources mentioned in this episode:
- How To Increase Social Engagement At Events – #EventIcons Episode 41 – Alex Plaxen of LittleBird Told Media is joining us to discuss how he got started in the industry and share his knowledge and expertise with us.
- Healthy Tips For Event Profs – #EventIcons Episode 96 – In this episode, our ICONIC guests will be sharing their tips and practical tricks on eating habits, natural ways to sleep better, stress management and beyond.
- Diversity at Events – Best Tips For Event Profs – #EventIcons Episode 101– Our iconic guest, Adrienne Trimble of Toyota Motor North America and, Audrey Gallien of Catalyst Inc., answer all questions about Diversity in our diversity episode.
- VR At Events- Everything You Need to Know – #EventIcons Episode 105 – In this episode, the ICONIC Jonah Brotman of House of VR discussed the challenges VR brings to the event industry, differences between AR and VR, and so much more!
- Digital Innovation At Events – #EventIcons Episode 106 – We shared all about klik platform and how you can use it to gain insight into your attendees experience
- How To Get Work Done On The Road – #EventIcons Episode 109 – Best tips to keep focused and get work done on the road.
- E-Gaming Events Revolution – #EventIcons Episode 113 – Discussion on best business opportunities for e-gaming segment and the numbers and statistics every event planner needs to know about e-gaming events.
- Behind The Scenes with INBOUND – #EventIcons Episode – 119 – The Inbound team share how they break up the types of sessions to make the event exciting and effective
- #MeToo Movement and Its Impact on Events – #EventIcons Episode – 120 – This is an incredibly powerful episode you do not want to miss regarding the important and powerful #MeToo Movement!
- Live From ILEA Live – #EventIcons Episode 126 – Learn more about IELA, and how the event educates its leaders, feedback and tactical advice from our panel
- Live from Connect Marketplace – #EventIcons Episode 127 – Discussion about how to elevate the low points of your events and elevate them to the next level.
- Everything You Need to Know About Event Transportation – #EventIcons Episode 132 – Lisa Lanna of Newsday Communications and Eric Hotard of Event Transportation Systems are going to tell you everything you need to know and didn’t consider about event transportation
- PCMA: The Largest Network for Meeting Planners – #EventIcons Episode 134 – All about the key challenges the industry collectively faces
- Live From IMEX 2018 – #EventIcons Episode 135 – In this special episode of #EventIcons, we are coming to you live from IMEX 2018. PACKED with 23 #EventIcons (yes, you read that right 23 industry heavyweights!)
- A Complete Guide for Planning a Nonprofit Event – #EventIcons Episode 136 – Megan Kincaid Kramer of Catalyst Inc. and Kelsi Boyle of Women Deliver are walking us through planning nonprofit events.
- Everything Mega Televised Events: #EventIcons Episode 140 – Paul Winston, the owner of Razor Marketing and Management, talks about his most memorable moments, best tips and so much more.
- Make Your Events More Theatrical – #EventIcons Episode 141 – Our iconic panels are discussing how to bring more theatrical experiences to your event to enhance the overall experience.
What are your favorite tips and tricks for using event furniture to engage? Comment below and let us know.