What are chatbots? More or less a chatbot is a program which takes a process that is chat driven and makes it consistent for a user (they give the same answers each time unlike a human would) and a well-programmed bot allows easy interaction with a human. You typically see chatbots disguised as “live chats” on websites. It feels like a human speaking to you, but it’s a chatbot! It is a mix of AI and person-driven tech. So now that we know what chatbots are, what types of organizations use chatbots? How do they even get their information? As an event prof, you are probably also wondering how events can use chatbots. We are going to cover all this and more today.
In this episode of #EventIcons our guests Elizabeth Glau of EventBots by Sciensio and Paul Earnden of Prodo are going to answer the questions above. Our guests will also share their unique ideas on how to use chatbots. They will talk about what they like and dislike about chatbots. We will go over what types of events chatbots will be a good fit at and much more! This isn’t an episode you want to miss.
We want to help keep you up-to-date with the latest and greatest! Below, in our Epic Resources section, we link the awesome insider favorites that were mentioned in this episode! You WANT to check these out! What has been your favorite episode so far? Comment below and let us know!
You’re watching this recording of our episode here on our blog, but wouldn’t you rather watch live, ask your own questions, and participate in person? Subscribe now to watch live! (We’ll remind you of upcoming episodes.) We would love for you to join us LIVE and bring your questions for our icons. This is all for you!
How To Subscribe:
- Click here to watch the show live and get email notifications of new episodes.
- Subscribe via iTunes: Video & Audio or Audio Only
- Click here to subscribe via RSS (non-iTunes feed): Video & Audio or Audio Only
Follow our iconic guests on Twitter:
- Elizabeth Glau of EventBots by Sciensio(@elizabethglau)
- Paul Earnden of Prodo(@paulearnden)
- Alex Plaxen of Little Bird Told Media (@APlaxen)
Check out the epic resources mentioned in this episode:
- What’s a Chatbot… and Why Should We Care? [The AV Life Episode 69]
- BizBash Live: Florida 2018
- Social Wall
- Machine Learning Crash Course